Introduction to email marketing with MailChimp
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CEMB02
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
Email is a direct and effective marketing tool. Learn how your business can use email to communicate with your prospects and existing customers.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• The basics of email marketing — what it is and how it is used
• Basic elements of a good email
• GDPR and the legal side of email data capture
• Setting up a Mailchimp account
• Creating a mailing lists from a spreadsheet
• Designing an email using Mailchimp templates and sending a test email
• Creating an email campaign and writing effective emails
• Understanding the Mailchimp reports to measure the reach of your email
• How can email compliment with your other marketing activities.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Create an email on MailChimp to send to your audience
• Recognise the basic requirements of GDPR
• Visualise how to use email with your future marketing activities.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is taught at beginner level. You will need some skills in using a computer and the internet and have a desire to create email campaigns for a business. In order to set up your MailChimp account and complete the activities during this course, you need to be able to log into your own email.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of discussions, demonstrations and practical examples, using your smartphone or tablet to practice the course content. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
If you don’t have an existing account you will need to have a valid email address and its password to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content and gain valuable hands-on experience.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may wish to take any of our digital marketing courses to boost the online presence of your business: City Lit Pro: Introduction to Mobile Marketing Strategy, City Lit Pro: Introduction to marketing metrics and ROI, City Lit Pro: implementing a content strategy, City Lit Pro: introduction to conversion rate Optimisation, Search Engine Optimisation(SEO), Google AdWords: introduction, Google Analytics: introduction, City Lit Pro: search engine marketing.
Amber moved to London from Texas in 2001 to complete her MBA in International Marketing. As an Account Director for a student marketing agency, she was an early adopter in using social media in campaigns with high success. After the recession in 2009, she started teaching adults how to use social media to promote their business, often working with career changers who were switching gears after being made redundant to start their own businesses. Her approach is dynamic and engaging, vowing to make the scary world of social media accessible to everyone from the tech-savvy to the technophobe!
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.