Italian 2 upper refresher
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now finished
What is the course about?
This course will enable you to practise and consolidate some vocabulary and grammar structures learned at elementary and lower intermediate level through a variety of speaking and listening activities.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Topics: holidays, giving advice, expressing opinions, talking about the past, talking about wishes and making future plans
Grammar: revise passato prossimo, imperfetto, imperativo, futuro, condizionale, congiuntivo, comparativi,.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- report personal experiences in the past
- give advice
- talk about your childhood (using the imperfect tense)
- talk about past holidays using both perfect and imperfect tenses
- use direct pronouns (both in the present and in the past tense).
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at students who have studied the language for about two to three years recently or have an equivalent level of the language.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A 2 upper or 3 lower course depending on your level. Ask your tutor for advice or contact Languages for further information.