Italian 3 conversation
Time: 15:00 - 16:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LN390
Duration: 8 sessions (over 8 weeks)
What is the course about?
The course gives the students the chance to practice their speaking skills. The teacher will bring new topics to discuss every week and will prompt the conversation with different stimuli such as questions, requests for opinions, and brief exercises. Although the grammar is not a focus of this course, the teacher will signal and correct the main mistakes and will be at the students' disposal in case there is a need to clarify some concepts in order to improve learners' accuracy and confidence while speaking.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Informal and formal speaking practice
- Spoken accuracy
- Vocabulary knowledge of different topics, tailored to the interests of the class.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Have greater confidence in your speaking
- Speak with more accuracy
- Speak Italian more fluently
- Discuss a variety of topics in Italian with a broader vocabulary.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for intermediate students of Italian. For City Lit students, that will mean students at 3 lower or 3 upper. You should have studied Italian for at least 3 years.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- This course will be taught online, via Zoom.
- Please note that this course will require the students to do a bit of reading or video watching on their own before the class in order to have more insights and knowledge about the topic of the day.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs or texts. Students will need an internet connection to be able to access the class on Zoom, and earphones or headphones are suggested to make listening easier.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
If you are not already enrolled on one of our mainstream Italian courses, the tutor would be happy to advise you on your level.
Giacomo Fabbrini is a native Italian speaker. He obtained an acting degree in 2004 at Auroville Rome Academy. He also graduated from Rome University “La Sapienza” with a BSc (Hons) in Psychology in 2007. He moved to London in 2012 where he studied for a CLTA modern languages qualification. Giacomo has over 6 years of experience in teaching Italian to all levels and business. He strongly believes that a language is not only about rules, but also a real journey in history, tradition and Italian culture. He is passionate about technology and apps and enjoys giving his students tools and suggestions on how to use them in language learning.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.