Italian holiday kit
Time: 11:00 - 14:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LBTN2
Duration: 2 sessions
What is the course about?
This Holiday Kit will provide you with all the language you need to communicate in the most common holiday situations & have a friendly chat with the locals!
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
1. Have a go at a simple conversation when you’re out & about-say hello & goodbye, give and ask for basic & personal information ( your name, which languages you speak, where you are from etc)
2. Buy items in shops, ask about prices
3. Order food & drinks & ask for the bill
4. Ask for directions
5. Numbers including the time
6. At the hotel
7. Buy tickets, enquire about departure/arrival times/ delays & platform number
8. Cultural advice (e.g. tipping, paying in a café) which may be different from the UK.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for beginners. No previous knowledge of Italian is necessary.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You do not need any extra materials for this course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
If you would like to study more Italian, have a look at our beginners classes in the "Languages" section of our website.