ITEC Level 2 Award in Providing Facial Skincare (adults 21+)
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: KS - Keeley Street
This course takes place in the classroom, please follow this link to find out what we are doing to keep you safe: Staying COVID-19 secure at City Lit
This course has now started
Course Code: FQQ21
Duration: 8 sessions (over 8 weeks)
What is the course about?
Learn how to give a professional facial skincare treatment, adapt and record the details of a treatment to the required standards as set down by the ITEC syllabus. Providing training with salon and mobile equipment, this course is perfect for the mobile and salon therapist alike.
On successful completion of the course students will gain the ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council) Level 2 Award in Provide Facial Skincare which will allow candidates to gain insurance via EMBODY (and many other insurance organisations) and practise facial skincare treatments professionally.
- You should be aware that a minimum of 90% attendance is necessary to complete the course.
- You are expected to participate to the best of your ability and to adhere to the colleges Equal Opportunities Policy
- The policies of the college will be discussed during the first session.
- Students are required to undertake and record 5 treatments over the duration of the course as per ITEC and provide treatments in an open clinic setting during the course.
- Due to the nature of this course, you will not be entitled to transfer to a different course after the course has started
Please note that you are required to obtain a First Aid Certificate whilst on the course or be working towards one:- City Lit offers one day Emergency First Aid at Work courses.
What will we cover?
- Consultation procedures
- Skin analysis
- Cleansing, massage
- Application and removal of masks
- Adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs
- Providing aftercare advice
- Relevant Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
ITEC syllabus Unit 800 - Level 2 Award in Provide Facial Skincare
The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the facial treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the candidates will be working over in particular; recognition of skin types, skin and nail diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for candidates to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for candidates to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Facial Skincare Therapist
Facial skincare – to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs and providing aftercare advice.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
ITEC Level 2 Award in Provide Facial Skincare
This course is directed at learners over the age of 21 years of age and/or professional massage practitioners who have completed all units from the syllabus of the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in massage (or recognised equivalent)
For a qualification to be considered an equivalent, it must be a level 3 certificate or diploma and be registered under:
The Qualifications and Credit Framework: QCF.
If you do not have a QCF qualification, it is YOUR responsibility to have the qualification validated by the appropriate awarding body. There may be charges associated with this which are not included in the course fees.
If you have an international qualification, then you can use the NARIC validation service, www.naric.org.uk
There is a charge for this service and again, this is not included in the course fees.
CITY LIT DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU FAIL TO VALIDATE YOUR QUALIFICATION AND ARE SUBSEQUENTLY UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE COURSE. IN ADDITION YOU WILL STILL BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF THE COURSE FEES.
You will also need to have sufficient literacy, numeracy and ICT skills to include:
Be able to use different texts to obtain and summarise information
Use different styles, format and structure, formal and informal for different purposes or audiences
Write complex sentences with few errors
Be able to listen to information and respond appropriately
Present information clearly and adapt verbal contributions to suit the audience
Extract, interpret and create information from lists, tables, graphs and charts
Understand percentages and fractions
ICT (Information & communication technology):.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a theoretical and practical course. The teaching methods will be: talk by tutor, pair work and group work. The students will be encouraged to contribute to learning sessions.
YOU WILL REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 5 HOURS WORK EACH WEEK OUTSIDE OF CLASS TIME, TO COMPLETE AND WRITE UP THE TREATMENT EVIDENCE FORMS
- You will need to find clients to undertake case studies outside of the class time.
- It is essential that you have access to a massage couch outside of class
There is a 25 question multiple choice exam and a practical examination.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will be required to wear a uniform during your class session - this is non negotiable. You will also be required to bring additional items to class and this will be listed in due course.
There may be other costs attached to this course and we will update our course outline as appropriate.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Students may want to go on to study other related therapies e.g. Indian Head Massage, Shiatsu, ITEC Level 3 Aromatherapy, ITEC Level 3 Reflexology or one of our many continued professional development courses.