Japanese 4 lower: module 3
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
complex grammatical structures and functions. Suitable if you have studied Japanese for about 5 years or have an equivalent level.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LJ432
Duration: 9 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
On this course you will consolidate your knowledge of the structures of the Japanese language and will also be
working on more complex grammatical structures and functions. You will develop the four language skills with a
particularly focusing on spoken and conversational Japanese.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Every day conversation based on various situations, formal and informal. Emphasis on more complex structures and grammar patterns.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Give reasons using "~tameni"
- Describe changes using "~yooninaru" and continuous change "~teiku" "~soo"
- Talk about changes in your life
- Talk about trends and common sights
- Give a presentation
- Identify the meaning of various kanji on adverts and notice boards
- Use polite and casual speech.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course. It is ideal if you have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test N4. Some basic knowledge of Kanji is necessary.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your teacher will advise you on materials at the first session.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please ask your teacher or check our web pages for more information on courses and workshops.