Korean 2 revision
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now finished
What is the course about?
The course will revise Year 2 Korean speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, focusing on sentence structures and grammar and understanding Korean everyday life and culture.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Have/should/might/must +verb
- Shall + verb
- Plan to/intend to + verb
- Present progressive
- Because, so.
- Have done +verb
- Asking a Favour in honorific
- The name of Hangual consonants.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Indicate obligation
- Ask someone's opinion about what they want to do
- Express your intention or plans.
- Express a continuing action or process.
- Express a causal relation between two events in which the second event is triggered by the first event.
- Express a request to get someone to perform an action.
- Express experience in the past.
- Indicate a standard from which a comparison is made: more... than/-er... than
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For students who have studied Korean before at level 2 modules 1,2 & 3 and who wish to revise and refresh
their Korean before the start of level 3.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The communicative method will be used. Students can expect to be using audio, visual and interactive resources. Students will be expected to participate in role play scenarios, pair work and group work.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on the tutor's own materials.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean 3 module 1 in September.
Jaeran is a language teacher with over 20 years of experience . Originally from Seoul, South Korea, she moved to London after earning her Bachelor and Masters degrees, as well as a Certificate in Education. Here, she worked as a professional translator for businesses and institutions such as the Court of justice, which led her to teaching Korean as a foreigin language, first privately and then in various further education institutions. This soon became her full time career, and since then she has taught Korean language and culture to adults and young adults at all levels, from absolute beginner to advanced, often supporting their studies or their entrance exams (e.g. at SOAS). Jaeran's lessons are always fun and lively, and incorporate examples and exercises taken from contemporay Korean culture such as TV dramas and K-Pop.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.