Korean 4: module 2
Time: 19:35 - 21:05
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LKR42
Duration: 12 sessions (over 12 weeks)
What is the course about?
Korean 4 module 2 is for learners who have completed Korean 4 module 1 (or have the equivalent level) and will focus on improving your speaking and listening skills while still enabling you to work on your reading and writing in Korean.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• How to put into indirect speech what someone else said.
• How to use excuses when you're not feeling good
• How to talk about your experience and advise someone else based on your experience.
• Recommending places you've travelled to
• How to ask for information and talk about what you have heard.
• How to congratulate when you have heard good news
( e.g. First birthday party/housewarming party/wedding party)
• What to say when your friends or colleagues are stressed or worried.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Use the following constructions:
* To become/ to get ; Verb + to get/ become
* Even if/ Even though ; Verb + conjugations
* Reported speech form; Verb + what someone said
* To have done(something ; Verb + have done
* Both ... and ... ; Noun+ conjugation .... Noun + conjugation
* (someone) knows when/where/what/how/why/how much
; Adjective/Verb + know
* Supposition ; Verb/Adjective + conjugation.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have studied Korean for more than 3 years or have an equivalent level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Sogang Korean 2B: Student's book.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean 4 module 3.
Jaeran is a language teacher with over 20 years of experience . Originally from Seoul, South Korea, she moved to London after earning her Bachelor and Masters degrees, as well as a Certificate in Education. Here, she worked as a professional translator for businesses and institutions such as the Court of justice, which led her to teaching Korean as a foreigin language, first privately and then in various further education institutions. This soon became her full time career, and since then she has taught Korean language and culture to adults and young adults at all levels, from absolute beginner to advanced, often supporting their studies or their entrance exams (e.g. at SOAS). Jaeran's lessons are always fun and lively, and incorporate examples and exercises taken from contemporay Korean culture such as TV dramas and K-Pop.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.