Korean beginners: module 3
Time: 19:35 - 21:05
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LKR103
Please choose a course date
Duration: 12 sessions (over 12 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course is for near beginners to acquire basic knowledge of the Korean language and culture through mostly speaking and listening.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Talking about the past, school days, honorific speech and expressing politeness.
* Past tense ; infinitive verb +past tense form
* How to make negative sentences; not +verb
* How to express 'also/ too'
* Verb + in order to go/come
* Verb + do/do not in formal speech
* Verb + want/would like/hope.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- express past actions e.g what you did at a party.
-talk about a past issue while you are on the telephone with someone.
- talk about why you couldn't make an appointment.
- describe where specific places/objects were.
- describe where your school and your classroom and what you did at your school.
- use honorific speech in conversations, talking about the past, giving directions, expressing wishes.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for those who have completed beginners modules 1 and 2.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The lessons are based on the communicative approach. The emphasis is put on speaking and listening. There will be pair and group work as well as role-plays. Audio-visual techniques will be included whenever appropriate. Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please check with your tutor regarding the course book.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean 2: module 1.
Heeyun has been a Korean teacher for 12 years. She was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea. She majored in Korean Language and Literature for her BA in Seoul and completed her Korean teaching education training in 2009. She went on to teach at universities in China and Thailand after she obtained her Korean teaching certificate. Heeyun came to the UK in 2015 and studied at SOAS, University of London. She enjoys teaching Korean and has a lot of experience teaching groups and individuals from diverse backgrounds, age groups and ability levels. She also loves language learning herself and understands the difficulties students can face and how she can help students overcome them. She looks forward to meeting you and very much hopes you enjoy learning Korean at Citylit!
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.