Korean beginners: module 3
Time: 10:30 - 12:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LKRX3
Please choose a course date
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course is for near beginners to acquire basic knowledge of the Korean language and culture through mostly speaking and listening.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Talking about the past, school days, honorific speech and expressing politeness.
* Past tense ; infinitive verb +past tense form
* How to make negative sentences; not +verb
* How to express 'also/ too'
* Verb + in order to go/come
* Verb + do/do not in formal speech
* Verb + want/would like/hope.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- express past actions e.g what you did at a party.
-talk about a past issue while you are on the telephone with someone.
- talk about why you couldn't make an appointment.
- describe where specific places/objects were.
- describe where your school and your classroom and what you did at your school.
- use honorific speech in conversations, talking about the past, giving directions, expressing wishes.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for those who have completed beginners modules 1 and 2.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The lessons are based on the communicative approach. The emphasis is put on speaking and listening. There will be pair and group work as well as role-plays. Audio-visual techniques will be included whenever appropriate. Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please check with your tutor regarding the course book.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean 2: module 1.
Jaeran is a language teacher with over 20 years of experience . Originally from Seoul, South Korea, she moved to London after earning her Bachelor and Masters degrees, as well as a Certificate in Education. Here, she worked as a professional translator for businesses and institutions such as the Court of justice, which led her to teaching Korean as a foreigin language, first privately and then in various further education institutions. This soon became her full time career, and since then she has taught Korean language and culture to adults and young adults at all levels, from absolute beginner to advanced, often supporting their studies or their entrance exams (e.g. at SOAS). Jaeran's lessons are always fun and lively, and incorporate examples and exercises taken from contemporay Korean culture such as TV dramas and K-Pop.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.