Korean beginners: revision
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LKR101
Duration: 2 sessions
What is the course about?
This lively course will give you the opportunity to revise and consolidate the language structures learnt on your first year of Korean. We will focus on developing your listening and speaking skills.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
* How to use time/place markers
* Present tense ; Sentence endings of informal/polite style
- Verb infinitive form + present tense form
* Past tense ; Sentence ending of past tense
-Verb infinitive form + past tense form
* How to express negation
* How to use directional words
* Formal style of present/ past tenses; sentence ending of formal style
* How to use a polite request or command.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
* explain and describe an issue in the past
* ask and answer when you know/don't know the location of places in the area.
* use formal speech
* make a polite request or command when you don't know how to get somewhere.
* express your desire to do something.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have completed modules 1-3 of Korean beginners or studied Korean for the equivalent of 1 year.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No-based on the tutor's own materials.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean 2 module 1 in September.
Jaeran is a language teacher with over 20 years of experience . Originally from Seoul, South Korea, she moved to London after earning her Bachelor and Masters degrees, as well as a Certificate in Education. Here, she worked as a professional translator for businesses and institutions such as the Court of justice, which led her to teaching Korean as a foreigin language, first privately and then in various further education institutions. This soon became her full time career, and since then she has taught Korean language and culture to adults and young adults at all levels, from absolute beginner to advanced, often supporting their studies or their entrance exams (e.g. at SOAS). Jaeran's lessons are always fun and lively, and incorporate examples and exercises taken from contemporay Korean culture such as TV dramas and K-Pop.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.