Korean: Jump into Year 4
Time: 18:00 - 20:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now finished
What is the course about?
The course aims to revise and consolidate what you have learnt in Korean 3 modules 1-3 and prepare you for Korean 4 module 1.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
* Request and assisting; Please do Verb + would you please?
* Indirect statements.
- Adjective/Verb +say that (Present tense)
- Verb + said that(Past tense)
- Verb + say that(Future tense)
* Relative clause ending.
- Verb +conjugation(present tense)
- Verb +conjugation(past tense)
- Adjective +conjugation(present tense)
* Noun Modifying Form ; Verb + conjugations
* Describing action/movement, Describing
* It seems to be/ might be/ looks/ sounds/ appears that
- Adjective/ Verb + seems like.
- Verb + will look like.
* Report speech form ; Verb + say that
* informal/Casual Speech
* How to contrast two facts or conditions: Adjective/ Verb + but.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
* Use polite ways to ask for help or ask for someone to do something for you; the most appropriate form in most situations
* Pass on to the other during a phone conversation
* Talking about to someone what you heard from the others
* Reporting something that was said by another individual.
* How to make a relative clause in different tenses
* How to express a guess or making an uncertain statement in different tenses
* How to quote what someone said
* Learn different articles of clothing take different verb
* How to describe a person's outfit and accessories using the past tense
* Learn an informal speech style that is more casual and less polite
* How to explain the background or situation of the following sentence.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable if you have completed Korean 3 modules 1-3 or have studied Korean for at least 3 years.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on the tutor's own materials.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean 4 module 1 in September.
Jaeran is a language teacher with over 20 years of experience . Originally from Seoul, South Korea, she moved to London after earning her Bachelor and Masters degrees, as well as a Certificate in Education. Here, she worked as a professional translator for businesses and institutions such as the Court of justice, which led her to teaching Korean as a foreigin language, first privately and then in various further education institutions. This soon became her full time career, and since then she has taught Korean language and culture to adults and young adults at all levels, from absolute beginner to advanced, often supporting their studies or their entrance exams (e.g. at SOAS). Jaeran's lessons are always fun and lively, and incorporate examples and exercises taken from contemporay Korean culture such as TV dramas and K-Pop.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.