Minerals and salts for health and vitality: taster workshop
Time: 10:15 - 13:15
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: FCL57
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
The course is an introduction to healing with mineral salts. Salts have an important role to play in our bodies - they deliver vital minerals for all the tissues – muscles, bones, nerves and the brain, and can help with a range of conditions such as muscle and joint aches and pains, anxiety, poor sleep, low immunity, ageing skin, low energy, cardiovascular and respiratory problems, and much more.
You will learn how you can use this powerful nature’s gift to help restore your physical and mental health, and improve general wellbeing.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- History of salt use in healing
- Types of healing salts
- Sodium chloride salts: Composition, benefits, uses & application - Sea salt, Himalayan salt
- Magnesium salts: Composition, benefits, uses & applications - Magnesium chloride, Epsom salt, Dead Sea Salt
- Most common applications of salts in health & beauty – Bath, Scrub, Body wrap, etc.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use 3 healing salts safely at home
- Learn how to create 3 salt-based preparations to use in health & beauty procedures
- Identify at least 3 therapeutic properties of each type of salt
- Identify at least 3 methods of using salts to maintain health & vitality
- Explain the benefits and uses of 3 salts for health and well-being.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Beginner level. No prior experience or knowledge of salt therapy needed, only curiosity, enthusiasm and willingness to participate.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This will be an experiential workshop with some theory taught via presentation, and demonstration by the tutor. This course will be delivered online.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You may wish to purchase your own minerals and salts, following the course. Handouts are provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may be interested in:
- Introduction to mineral healing: 1 day workshop
- Introduction to Clays and muds: 1 day workshop
- The Healing Power of Minerals: Clays & Muds
- Any of our many body work courses such as massage or aromatherapy - please see website for details.