Modern Greek small group conversation
Time: 18:00 - 19:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
What is the course about?
The course gives the students the chance to practice their speaking skills. The teacher will bring new topics to discuss every week and will prompt the conversation with different stimuli such as questions, requests for opinions, and brief exercises. Although the grammar is not a focus of this course, the teacher will signal and correct the main mistakes and will be at the students' disposal in case there is a need to clarify some concepts in order to improve accuracy and confidence while speaking.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Informal and formal speaking practice
- Spoken accuracy and fluency
- Vocabulary knowledge of different topics, tailored to the interests of the class.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- speak Greek with more confidence
- speak with more accuracy and fluency
- discuss a variety of topics in Greek with a broader vocabulary.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for level 2 students of Modern Greek. For City Lit students, that will mean students who have studied Modern Greek for at least 1 year.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- This course will be taught online, via Zoom.
- Please note that this course will require the students to do a bit of reading or video watching on their own before the class in order to have more insights and knowledge about the topic of the day.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on the tutor's own materials.
Students will need an internet connection to be able to access the class on Zoom, and earphones or headphones are suggested to make listening easier.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
If you are not already enrolled on one of our existing Greek courses, the tutor would be happy to advise you on your level.
Maria Contos has published many stories with mythical themes. She has also written and performed puppet shows and plays based on myths. She has adopted myths for television and theatre, teaches mythology and runs creative writing workshops. She also teaches languages.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.