Muds and clays: taster workshop
Time: 10:15 - 13:15
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: FCL56
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This course is an introduction to using muds and clays for healing and rejuvenation.
Our ancestors knew instinctively that eating clay could help minimise the damaging effects of food poisoning, and Alexander the Great’s soldiers took clays on military marches to deal with wounds, food poisoning and hunger! Today, both mud and clays are used extensively in health spas, medical resorts and naturopathy clinics, You will learn how you can use this powerful nature’s gift to help restore a youthful appearance, and improve physical health and wellbeing.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- History of muds and clays in natural health and beauty procedures
- Types of healing muds: composition, benefits, uses & applications - Freshwater muds, salt water muds, Dead Sea mud
- Most common uses of muds: face masks, poultices, body wraps, etc.
- Types of healing clays - composition, benefits, uses & applications
- Most common uses of clays: face masks, poultices, body wraps, foot baths, etc.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use 3 healing clays & muds safely at home
- Understand how to create 3 mud and clay preparations to use in health & beauty procedures
- Identify at least 3 therapeutic properties of clays and muds
- Identify at least 3 methods of using clays/muds to maintain health & vitality
- Explain therapeutic benefits and uses of 3 types of clays and muds for health and well-being.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Beginner level. No prior experience or knowledge of muds and clays needed, just curiosity, enthusiasm and willingness to participate.
You will not need to purchase any muds or clays in order to take this workshop.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This will be an experiential workshop with some theory taught via presentation, and demonstration by the tutor. This course will be delivered online.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You may wish to purchase your own muds and clays, following the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
• Introduction to healing with Muds and Clays – 1 day workshop
• Magnesium & other Salts for Health & Vitality - taster workshop
• Magnesium & other Salts for Health & Vitality - 1 day workshop
• Any of our many bodywork courses such as massage or aromatherapy - please see website for details.