NLP at work
Time: 10:30 - 17:30
work Learn to set end goals, to make planning easier and manage anxiety in your internal state.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PG670
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
Using NLP in the workplace enables you to build your own self-management skills, and develop confidence and better communications throughout your career. This course will explore how to maintain positive states and build rapport with others. If you plan to move roles, or to implement other types of major change, you can use the skills taught here to identify your goals and motivation, and plan well-formed outcomes.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• 6 NLP Principles for success and exercises in using them
• Presuppositions of NLP ‘no two people see the world in exactly the same way’.
• Techniques to anchor more positive states so you can feel more confident
• Build better communication skills to understand better and communicate with others
• Plan a well formed outcome. Setting end goals with signposts on the way makes achieving easier.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Apply at least three NLP tools across a range of projects
• Try on someone else’s mode of thinking to see if it motivates you better in your aims.
• Identify Techniques to Manage your state so you can feel more confident
• Use perceptual positions to clarify situations and communicate in ways more likely to create win-win outcomes.
• Plan ahead with increased confidence.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No previous experience is necessary. The course is for anyone who is keen to understand and curious to learn about the art of success in the workplace; for those wishing to return to work, or those considering career
changes. You will need to be able to participate in course activities and discussion.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Whole class teaching, small group activities, practical exercises and discussion topics. You will be encouraged to apply the skills learned on this course to your working life.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
A notebook and pen would be useful.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
City Lit offers other neuro-linguistic programming courses such as: How to identify thinking styles (using NLP) - PS717; Change your behaviour using NLP - PG602.
I discovered NLP in the 1980's, as a freelance journalist specialising in writing work-based features for the London Evening Standard, ‘Just the Job’ section on employment, motivational training, business and sales. I trained as an NLP Master Practitioner, first in Education then in Business and ran motivational NLP trainings in workplaces such as NHS and charities, and offered individual NLP coaching to business people At City Lit each NLP course I teach is slanted towards different aspects of NLP i.e. ‘’Building Rapport Skills’. ‘Self-Motivation’. ‘Understanding Thinking Styles’. I have integrated NLP and psychotherapy to run courses on ‘Managing Internal Stress – Introduction to CBT/REBT (Rational emotive Behavioural Therapy’ an action-based psychotherapy and ‘Logosynthesis’ to help lessen the impact of unwanted traumatic thoughts and images. I have written five NLP based books, including ‘Motivate Yourself and Reach Your Goals’ in the Hodder Education, ‘Teach Yourself’ series. To read my NLP articles go to www.francescoombes.com
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.