Norwegian 2: module 2
Time: 19:35 - 21:05
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
Course Code: LNOR25
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
• Consolidate what you have already learnt and build on that. Learn to cope with everyday situations with confidence and ease.
• Increase understanding of Norwegian grammar and word order.
• Expend the knowledge of Norwegian culture, life style and tradition. (e.g.: Famous Norwegian artists and explorers )
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Small talk in Norwegian
• Feel comfortable in everyday situations like going to a restaurant, shopping, meeting new people, asking for and giving help and advice, write short emails or letters,
nd and construct compound words
•Grammar: past tense, compound nouns, conjunctions
•Pronunciation: vowel sounds and diphthongs / stresses and intonation.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Write applications and formal letters
• Make a complaint, verbally and in writing
• Express preference about nature and outdoor life
• Tell a little story or life event with ease
• Express opinion with basic expression
• Decribe event in the past using present perfect and past perfect tense correctly.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable if you have studied Norwegian for more than a year recently or attended Norwegian 2 module 1.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
To be discussed with your tutor.
Eva is a native Norwegian and has been teaching Norwegian, drama and creative communication for many years, to both adults and children. She has a great passion for teaching and finds it hugely rewarding to see learners develop their skills and express themselves with growing confidence in a new language. “Learning a language is so much more than understanding the grammar and memorizing words - it is taking in and embracing a whole new culture, and it is an amazing privilege to be allowed to be part of this process as a teacher.” Eva is also an actor and writes stories for children and young people.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.