Norwegian 2: module 3
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
Course Code: LNOR23
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
• Consolidate what you have already learnt and build on that. Learn to cope with everyday situations with confidence and ease.
• Increase understanding of Norwegian grammar and word order.
• Expend the knowledge of Norwegian culture, life style and tradition. (e.g.: Famous Norwegian artists and explorers. We will look at vikingt history )
•Improve listening skills.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Facts about Norwegian everyday life and culture
- What is typical for Norway?
- Travelling in Norway
- Looking at Norwegian history
- Grammar: past tense, compound nouns, conjunctions
- Pronunciation: vowel sounds and diphthongs / stresses and intonation.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Express your opinion and likes and dislikes
- Express emotions
- engage in disussion when in a restaurant, while booking a holiday and travelling in Norway
- Get a better understanding of Norwegian society and culture
- Writing and complaint and a recommendation
- Understand word order and the use of at, som and ikke in subordinated clauses.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable if you have studied Norwegian for more than a year recently or attended Norwegian 2 module 2.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Norwegian 3 if there is enough demand.
Eva is a native Norwegian and has been teaching Norwegian, drama and creative communication for many years, to both adults and children. She has a great passion for teaching and finds it hugely rewarding to see learners develop their skills and express themselves with growing confidence in a new language. “Learning a language is so much more than understanding the grammar and memorizing words - it is taking in and embracing a whole new culture, and it is an amazing privilege to be allowed to be part of this process as a teacher.” Eva is also an actor and writes stories for children and young people.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.