Nutrition to improve digestive health
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: FNR61
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
Digestive problems such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), wind, bloating, constipation and acidity are very common and this course examines the causes of these symptoms and what you can do to help them. Find out which foods and drinks are likely to help your symptoms and which will definitely make them worse. Discover whether over the counter supplements are helpful or a waste of money and whether it matters what time you eat your meals.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Causes of common digestive symptoms
- Foods and drinks to soothe and relieve digestive symptoms
- Elimination diets: what are they and can they be helpful?
- Pre and probiotics: what is their role in the body and are they worth taking?
- Supplements for gut health.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Describe a diet which is likely to help reduce digestive symptoms
- Explain the difference between pre and probiotics and who they might help
- Discuss how to implement an elimination diet
- Know when it is important to take your symptoms to the GP.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Everyone is welcome on this course.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a relaxed and very informative class. The teacher is warm and friendly and will lecture and use a PowerPoint presentation. There will be class discussion and you will be able to answer questions.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Handouts will be given. Please have a pen and notepad so you can make additional notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other nutrition courses from our extended program.
Ellie Holly has been practising herbal medicine and nutritional therapy for almost twenty years. She is highly qualified and experienced at treating patients with a wide range of health issues. She has been devising, writing and delivering nutrition courses to adults for over ten years. Ellie is passionate about using her knowledge to educate and enlighten people with energy and enthusiasm so that they are empowered to make positive changes in their diets and lifestyles. To find out more about Ellie, the courses she teaches and her work seeing patients in private practise, please visit her website: www.hollyhealthcare.co.uk
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.