Online marketing: a detailed introduction
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CSWM01
Please choose a course date
Duration: 5 sessions (over 5 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course looks at techniques you can use to market a business on the internet. If you are looking for a shorter course on this, the course Online Marketing: a short introduction provides a short overview of the more important topics in this field.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• What is Internet marketing
• Internet Marketing and traditional marketing
• Outbound and inbound marketing
• Building an effective website: Structure and content
• Search engines and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• How advertising on the internet works
• Using Google AdWords
• Social media marketing (blogs, forums and the social networks)
• Monitoring and managing online marketing.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify a range of internet marketing techniques and choose suitable ones for a business
• Identify website problems
• Make effective use of Search Engines to send visitors to a website
• Demonstrate an awareness of online advertising techniques
• Recognise Google AdWords and other online marketing schemes
• Appreciate how businesses can use social media channels for marketing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should be computer literate and be interested in how a business can use online marketing. This course is suitable both for those who have little or no previous experience of these topics and those with some experience who wish to improve their knowledge of this area.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Practical exercises, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Specialised digital marketing courses including: Google Analytics: introduction, Search engine optimisation (SEO), City Lit Pro: search engine marketing, City Lit Pro: implementing a content strategy, Google AdWords: introduction, City Lit Pro: Introduction to Mobile Marketing Strategy, City Lit Pro: introduction to conversion rate Optimisation, City Lit Pro: Introduction to marketing metrics and ROI and City Lit Pro: start a career in digital marketing.
Julian worked as a technical manager for two large organisations before taking a career break to study for an MA and to qualify as a teacher. He now divides his business hours between working as a freelance marketing consultant and business coach for small to medium-sized businesses, and teaching for City Lit, two other colleges, and for a number of charities that help people gain the skills to start their own business. His key interests include web design and marketing, content strategy, search engine marketing and the use of social media. He is a huge fan of WordPress and also teaches a range of IT courses in Java, Python, PHP and App development.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.