Pilates based body conditioning
Time: 17:00 - 18:00
Location: Keeley Street
This course has now started
Course Code: FPL33
Duration: 12 sessions (over 12 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course fuses the precision of Pilates toning work with the fitness benefits of cardio-vascular exercise. Lessons place emphasis on Pilates based postural alignment, core stability and precision toning. At the same time a cardio-vascular element is maintained throughout activities. Each lesson begins with an easy to follow cardio warm-up to music. This is followed by a toning segment in standing and on the mat to shape legs, hips, abdominals, back and arms. Exercises employ a fusion of Pilates and conventional fitness principles to achieve results. Equipment such as light weights and resistance bands can be used to add intensity. The class ends with a relaxing cool down stretch segment.
What will we cover?
• Fusion of Pilates and Fitness techniques working with a total body approach
• Co-ordinaiton skills,
• Pilates based toning exercises for upper and lower body
• Core stability work
• Postural alignment and precise flowing movements
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
· Co-ordinate movements using a Pilates based approach
· Improve cardio-vascular fitness, strength and endurance
· Engage core strength to effectively support posture during exercise
· Practise a sequence of exercises of increasing intensity, working with the Pilates method to tone major muscle groups of upper and lower body
· Increase mobility, flexibility and range of movement.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Previous experience of Pilates is not necessary.
The course is for anyone interested in Pilates based movement and in increasing their fitness levels, working with a total body holistic approach.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Activity based class involving tutor demonstration and explanation of exercises and stretches
- Follow me and verbal instruction
- Total body approach
- Guidance from tutor on technique and alignment
- Relaxed friendly atmosphere.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for exercises.
- Trainers should be worn during the warm up sequence.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Pilates courses or any other movement course from our programme.
Caroline teaches Yoga and Pilates. She believes that movement patterns — like the patterns of our fingerprints — are unique to each one of us. Despite this many people feel disconnected from their movement. Caroline is committed to helping others learn how to move using Yoga and Pilates. She knows from her own experience how the joy of movement goes on and on giving. A fully qualified, experienced British Wheel of Yoga teacher, Caroline’s classes emphasise spinal health, integrated movement, breathing, and Yogic philosophy. Her work is about facilitating others to open and develop physically, mentally and spiritually. Caroline is an experienced Q3 Pilates teacher, whose approach re-activates the whole body during Pilates movements by aligning the spine, engaging core strength to support the spine, then flowing movements from this set up. Specialist qualifications that support different population groups assist Caroline to be inclusive in her teaching: Yoga for Adults with Special Needs, Exercise with Disabled Clients, Exercise for Active Older People. Caroline divides her time between working with Movement Studies and her academic field of Victorian Studies.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.