Positive mental attitude
Time: 09:30 - 17:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PG705
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
Do you ever wonder why sometimes you feel full of zeal for life and at other times frustrated or lacking in enthusiasm? Do you know why some people make you feel happy and others trigger something unpleasant in you? This course will look at what determines the attitude that we hold about ourselves and others, and how we can start to reframe our vision and our responses to life’s situations.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Understand how thoughts and feelings link into the attitude we hold
- Why the image we hold about ourselves is fundamental to how we perceive and respond to life
- Exploring how change in our perception can affect change in our lives
- Learning how the law of attraction works
- Using techniques such as visualisation, meditation and affirmations can positively change our thoughts.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Create a personal daily timetable to help develop a more positive attitude
- Describe at least two techniques to help you access more personal power and sustain enthusiasm
- Assess your personal progress through reflective writing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For anyone with an interest in the subject and ready to explore it. No previous knowledge is required. However, you need to be willing to participate in individual reflection, visualisation techniques and group discussions and activity. You will need a fluent level of spoken and written English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Through education models, video presentations, activities, visualisation and meditation, pair and group discussion and tutor input and experience.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
A paper journal will be provided. Please bring a pen.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
We offer further personal development courses that complement this course, such as:
PG707 - Therapeutic writing for a healthy wellbeing
PG612 - Journal writing for self-discovery
PG807 - Building confidence and moving forward: How to get unstuck
PG671 - Personal Power.