Saturday portraiture studio
Time: 14:00 - 17:00
Location: KS - Keeley Street
This course takes place in the classroom, please follow this link to find out what we are doing to keep you safe: Staying COVID-19 secure at City Lit
This course has now started
Course Code: VM900
Duration: 8 sessions (over 8 weeks)
What is the course about?
A chance to work from a choice of 2 professional portrait models, working from a variety of medium to longer poses, with one to one expert tuition throughout.
What will we cover?
- Drawing and painting a head from common and unusual viewpoints
- Drawing and painting portraits in line and tone
- Colour mixing in paint
- Dealing with common mistakes in portraiture
- Lighting of the studio and correct viewpoint.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Improve portrait proportions in drawing
- Improve composition
- Improved colour mixing in paint for portraits
- Understanding of ways of lighting a portrait
- Understand how to use a correct viewpoint when working.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a mixed ability class. Having completed a general drawing classes before this class would be beneficial or already having some basic observational drawing and or painting skills would be an advantage.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- One to one tuition
- Some group work
- Slide shows
- There will be optional homework.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials are provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Portraits 1 and 2
VH753 City Lit Year of the Figure and Portrait
VH892 Anatomical life and Portrait drawing studio
VM910 Contemporary portraiture studio: all levels.