Social media manager skills: introduction
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
Location: Keeley Street
Course Code: CSB21
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course is designed to provide you with the tools and skills needed to start a career in social media management or apply for jobs where social media management skills are required. We will explore several aspects of the social media environment, covering the basics for social media marketing, including theoretical and practical application. On completion of the course, you will gain a richer understanding of managing a third party platform via social media.
What will we cover?
• Recognize the Client’s Needs and the 4 P’s of Marketing
• Content Creator vs Content Scheduler - how you can work with/for your client to manage their expectations
• Pricing Your Services - know what to charge for your work
• Identifying a client’s social media content pillars and creating a content schedule based on pillars
• Setting up the accounts - separate administrator roles to work on behalf of the client
• Researching the right hashtags for your clients
• Discussion of social media manager situations and online articles.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify the social media requirements of the business
• Set up and manage multiple social media accounts on behalf of the client
• Produce a plan for your client’s social media activity tailored to their business needs
• Research and guide the client in creating content for their social platforms.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for current users of social media or marketing professionals looking to upskill, business owners and anyone who is looking to start a new career in digital marketing. Strong familiarity with computers is required. You should already know the basics in social media, such as how to open an account, how to post online, and basic understanding of who sees your posts on social media. Prerequisite of Social Media for Business course is best for those who are beginners. Access to social media is necessary.
You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
During class, the instructor will teach via slides and online activity. You will be asked to participate in discussions and exercises, including some research and online social media activity. There will be some homework, where you are asked to read articles and be prepared to discuss in class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You should have access to your existing social media account, and your email account with their log in details in case you need to retrieve your password. Course handouts will be provided by your tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view all our Digital marketing and Social media courses.
Amber moved to London from Texas in 2001 to complete her MBA in International Marketing. As an Account Director for a student marketing agency, she was an early adopter in using social media in campaigns with high success. After the recession in 2009, she started teaching adults how to use social media to promote their business, often working with career changers who were switching gears after being made redundant to start their own businesses. Her approach is dynamic and engaging, vowing to make the scary world of social media accessible to everyone from the tech-savvy to the technophobe!
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.