Spanish 4: module 3
Time: 10:30 - 12:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Sorry, this course is now full
What is the course about?
To consolidate Spanish grammatical structures and vocabulary, and to broaden students' knowledge of Spanish and Latin American cultures.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Revision of different tenses (indicative and subjunctive)
Discussion of different topics: media, leisure, environment, literature, Spanish/Latin American cultures.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- be more confident in speaking Spanish
- express opinions and ideas by using a wider range of vocabulary
- extract specific information when listening to dialogues
- extract detailed information from newspaper articles.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students should have completed 4/5 years of Spanish.
For further details of the specific foreign language skills required for this level, please see the languages self-assessment chart at the start of the languages section of our course guide or at http://www.citylit.ac.uk/self-assess-your-level.
It is also essential that you have knowledge of more complex grammar terminology such as: conditional, indirect and direct pronouns, hypothetical sentences, subjunctive, subordinate clauses and more complex conjunctions.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Book: "La uruguaya" by Pedro Mairal. ISBN: 9788416213993
Please try: The European Bookshop www.europeanbookshop.com (020 7734 5259) or Grant and Cutler at Foyles-www.foyles.co.uk/languages (020 7440 3248).
State that you are studying with us in order to claim your discount. You might be asked for your student number.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
LBS09 Spanish 4: revision course in summer and any Spanish 4 or 5 in September. Please enrol on the next module as soon as possible as spaces cannot be guaranteed.