Spanish Bites: Routine and free time
Time: 11:00 - 13:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LS164
Duration: 3 sessions (over 3 weeks)
What is the course about?
Spanish Bites: Routine and free time is a short, skills-focused course intended to provide you with practice, guidance and techniques so that you can gain more confidence in the acquisition and retention of basic Spanish vocabulary, structures and expressions about this topic. We will also be exploring the customs and habits behind Spanish speakers routines and their free time habits.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Basic vocabulary around the topic "daily routine and free time"
- Customs and habits of native Spanish speakers in their every day life and their free time.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Get by when giving information about your routin and activities you enjoy doing in your free time
- A range of vocabulary and structures around the topic daily routine and free time
- Customs and habits that native Spanish speakers have in every day situations and hobbies.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for complete beginners students who would like to know the very basics of the language to get by when visiting a Spanish speaking country or while on holidays.
For further details of the specific foreign language skills required for this level, please see the languages self assessment chart at the start of the languages section of our course guide or at http://www.citylit.ac.uk/self-assess-your-level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All resources will be provided including a small booklet/document with the main vocabulary and expressions in English/Spanish.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
On finishing this course, you can join any of free-standing Spanish Bites courses, Spanish pronunciation workout for beginners, Spanish: rules of written stress or if you are looking to focus on some basic grammar you can join any of our “Spanish beginners “get to grips with…” short courses.