Spanish: Explore Córdoba
Time: 10:30 - 13:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now finished
What is the course about?
This course offers a short historical and sociocultural view of Córdoba, Spanish city in the south of Spain with a rich legacy of the Islamic society of 10th-century. We will learn about the main historical places; La Mezquita, Medina Azahara, El Alcazar. We will explore like authentic “cordobeses” sharing our impressions about the different festivities and know more about its cusine.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Historical, cultural and gastronomical aspects of Córdoba
- Festivities in Córdoba
- Main historical places to visit
- Tips to look for when visiting Córdoba.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Talk about the history and culture of Córdoba
- Talk about main events and festivities taking place in Córdoba - cook most famous dishes from Córdoba
- Develop and expand your vocabulary related to these topics
- Plan a trip to Córdoba, knowing best places to eat and to stay.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This will be an informative workshop done in Spanish. You should have an elementary level of the language (at least an A2 level).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Explore workshop courses. Please, ask the tutor, call the Languages Department on 020 7492 2644 or email email@example.com.
Yaiza became interested in languages when she started working as a volunteer in a refugees center in Spain. At the same time she was studing languages at Córdoba, her home city. She decided to move to Poland to continue her studies there. She not only studied but worked as a Spanish teacher in that country. After her period in Poland,she moved back to Spain and work as a English teacher, however she always prefered teaching Spanish as a foreing language that is why she moved to Exeter and later to London where she has been teaching for more than four years. Experienced in teaching adults and children from all different backgrounds and levels. Yaiza have reseached about the impact of language adquisition in different context.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.