Time: 10:30 - 16:30
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CSTR04
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
In this course you will learn more principles of strategic planning and strategic decision-making processes which can be applied to any organisation (Private, Public, NFP, Start Up). Organisations need to understand how to work with key stakeholders, manage risk, competition and how to position their products. This interactive course builds on themes discussed in “Strategy: Introduction”- introducing more key concepts but with an application focus.
The course suits anyone who works or would like to work in business management.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Know your stakeholders
• How to understand key people linked with your business and how to handle them effectively
• Stakeholder analysis/Mendelow's matrix
• What is risk?
• What is internal control and governance?
• Key points and essential mitigation checklists for organisations
• How organisations navigate through fierce competition to enhance their competitive advantage
• Porter's 5 forces
• Cost leadership/ Differentiation/ Focus
• Ansoff model
Products and Pricing
• How do organisations manage their product/service portfolio? How do organisations go about pricing effectively?
• BCG Matrix and product lifecycle
• How to price effectively - pricing strategies for products.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Recognise key stakeholders influencing your organisation and how to manage them effectively
• Utilise the concept of risk, how it impacts on organisations and how to mitigate for it
• How to manage competition effectively and retain a competitive advantage
• How to position and price your key products and services.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This interactive course builds on “Strategy: Introduction” and will be delivered with theory and a chance to apply the models to your own organisation.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught through tutor demonstration and presentations, practical exercises, and applying the skills taught.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You might want to explore our project management courses: understanding project management, introduction to project management, project management using Microsoft Project.
Nick is a qualified Chartered Accountant and finance professional based in the City. He has worked for a range of organisations within the Education, Aviation, Healthcare and Banking sectors. A Business and Technology Tutor since 2017, Nick has also delivered internal training for finance and non-finance professionals. He believes in active student participation with courses carefully designed for immediate use and application within the workplace. With an inclusive, discursive style of delivery, Nick has a focus on developing long term career skills
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.