TikTok for business
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Location: KS - Keeley Street
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
This course takes place in the classroom, please follow this link to find out what we are doing to keep you safe: Staying COVID-19 secure at City Lit
Course Code: CSB23
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
TikTok is the latest social media platform that has everyone talking. It is fun and easy to use, and can provide access to a variety of information and entertainment. This course is aimed at those who want to use TikTok to promote their business. We will learn about how to amplify your videos to enhance your business, and discuss growing your following through effective and entertaining content.
What will we cover?
• Switching your account from personal to business
• Learn about the For You page and how TikTok operates in comparison to other social media platforms
• Know how to use the analytics to improve your content
• Discuss trends, hashtags and sounds that can gain more views
• Identify how engagement (liking, commenting and sharing videos) on TikTok can improve your views
• Learn how to enhance your TikTok videos using filters, effects and other additional fun options.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Remember how to access the TikTok app, the basic menu buttons and the functions learned in class
• Repeat basic functions on TikTok including how to view, like, comment and share a video
• Familiarise with the security issues surrounding this app, identify where to go to change your security settings
• Analyse your content using the built in measurement tools
• Use the app to view videos that are suggested to you or that you find using the search function
• Select trends that will be relevant to your business
• Develop new content that is different to other social media platforms
• Experiment with various effects and stickers to improve your video
• Differentiate between the Following and For You page
• Create videos that can be posted for the world to view.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suited for business owners who want to use TikTok to reach a new audience. A basic social media experience is necessary, as many of the terms learned on other platforms will apply. We will cover some of the basics in TikTok, but if you are brand new to TikTok, you may wish to take the Short Introduction to learn the basics and how to create an account. This course is taught on a beginner level, but suitable for those who already have an account and are ready to take the next step at creating content.
You must feel comfortable operating your own smartphone, and already have the TikTok app downloaded onto your phone.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The instructor will use a combination of slide presentation, live video and screenshots to teach and navigate. Students will have access to Google Classroom where handouts will be provided by the tutor. Short videos and articles will be provided for additional reading and information. During class, students will post 1 video. They will be shown how to delete/hide the video if they wish to not make it public thereafter.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Students need to access the video link to the classroom on a laptop or computer, and use their mobile or tablet/iPad device to learn from. Students need to know how to use their device, as IT assistance is not available on the day of the class. Students need to be able to log into their accounts without assistance and know their passwords/log in information prior to class.
Amber moved to London from Texas in 2001 to complete her MBA in International Marketing. As an Account Director for a student marketing agency, she was an early adopter in using social media in campaigns with high success. After the recession in 2009, she started teaching adults how to use social media to promote their business, often working with career changers who were switching gears after being made redundant to start their own businesses. Her approach is dynamic and engaging, vowing to make the scary world of social media accessible to everyone from the tech-savvy to the technophobe!
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.