Turkish beginners: module 2
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LTK02
Duration: 12 sessions (over 12 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course will increase your confidence in Turkish, consolidating and building upon previous knowledge and practising a wider variety of everyday situations.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Daily routine / Time / Hobbies / extended personal information / directions / extension of vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation / asking for information.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk about your weekly routines and ask others
- talk about your free time and ask others
- ask for and understand directions
- give and ask for more personal information
- use expressions of time to talk about present/future
- use the time effectively
- use and understand commonly used verb collocations.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for near beginners – students should have completed Turkish 1: module 1 or have equivalent knowledge of the language.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on the tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please, call the languages department for advice: 020 7492 2644.
Cavidan, is a bilingual speaker of Turkish and German. She has been teaching for over 10 years at adult education institutes, and sixth form colleges. She holds a PGCE and QTLS has experience in teaching Turkish and German across all stages. She works also as an assessor for Turkish language. Cavidan undertook an MA in German Language and Literature, has worked as chartered Translator/Interpreter and as a Journalist. Her classes are very interactive and activities are planned for different learning styles. Cavidan says: “I enjoy very much facilitating learning in a relaxed atmosphere where students can enjoy learning and develop their passion for languages further”.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.