Time: 10:30 - 17:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PG603
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
Anger is potentially harmful as well as an expression of energy. This course offers a safe space to explore the topic, answering your questions about how strong feelings explode, and using exercises to create positive change. Learn how to recognise and manage your feelings effectively.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- What triggers make you angry?
- How do you recognise your patterns of anger?
- The physical and emotional effects of anger
- Strategies for tackling anger
- Anger management in five steps
- Action planning to manage anger.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Describe your own anger patterns
- Outline how your anger patterns and behaviour can impact on yourself and others
- Identify at least one action you can take to help express your feelings of anger in a positive way.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for your personal development so a willingness to talk about how you feel is beneficial. As anger can be a very powerful emotion it is important to come with clear expectations - while the course may prompt some difficult feelings to arise we are not offering a therapeutic session, nor an anger management course. On a one-day course, time is limited so we aim to provide a supportive, educational setting for you to explore your own approach to anger and consider ways in which you might work with this, beyond the course, if you wish.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Via thought provoking discussions and exercises
- Discussion and brainstorming in groups and pairs
- Questionnaires, awareness exercises, drawing, feedback role-play and some fun too
- Some personal writing e.g. a journal.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
We offer further personal development courses that complement this one, such as: Anger without aggression (PG640); Narcissism and depression (PG635); Beyond Conflict (PG682); Stress, am I missing the message (PG657).