Workplace skills: how to collaborate, coordinate and build relationships through the Cloud using One Drive and SharePoint (intermediate)
Time: 10:30 - 16:30
This course is FREE if a) you are on a Low Wage or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CCCBC01
Please choose a course date
Duration: 3 sessions (over 3 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course is about helping you become a better collaborator and team player at work. You will focus on how to make the most of One Drive and SharePoint to enable more efficient and creative communication while also keeping on top of this process. You will learn about the differences between the two apps, what they are used for, when to use one rather than the other and how to combine their use. You will focus on how to share and collaborate on documents while keeping track of files through document libraries, who has worked on what when, what the status is of different files, and how to sync them across different devices and software. You will also look at how to combine your work on SharePoint and One Drive with Teams and Outlook. By the end of this course, you will be more much confident in how best to work with colleagues on different documents and how to store the results.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• why, when and how you need to collaborate and coordinate work
• what are One Drive and SharePoint used for
• how to create different types of SharePoints
• what are the differences between One Drive and SharePoint
• when should you use one rather than the other
• when and how should you combine using the two apps
• how to share and co-author files
• how to make the most of document libraries to facilitate collaboration
• how to stay on top of your shared and non-shared files
• what are the main mistakes to avoid
• how to sync your files across different devices and programs
• identifying the relationship between Teams, SharePoint and One Drive
• how to combine use of Outlook and SharePoint.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• identify why, when and how you need to collaborate and coordinate work
•identify what One Drive and SharePoint are used for
•create different types of SharePoints and know when to use one rather than the other
• identify the differences between One Drive and SharePoint and when should you use one rather than the other
• identify when and how to combine using the two apps
• share and co-author files in the most efficient manner
• use document libraries to facilitate collaboration to stay on top of your shared and non-shared files
•identify the main mistakes to avoid
• sync your files across different devices and programs
• identify the relationship between Teams, SharePoint and One Drive
•combine the use of Outlook and SharePoint.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for those working towards level 2 and above (ECDL). You need to be confident in general file management and digital skills but wanting to know more about you can develop your workplace skills through Office 365. We have other more introductory courses on cloud-based digital work. See below.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will learn in a supportive and welcoming environment. The tutor will help you discover different rules and features. You will work on your own and with other students on different work-based tasks so you are always practising important in-demand life and work skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, prioritising, negotiating, collaborating and independence. You will learn in a step by step manner so you can complete challenging tasks in enjoyable and relaxing ways. Your tutor will also work with you individually so you know how to improve and how to work in a way that improves your learning. You will need to do work outside the classroom and use Google Classroom to help you.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a pen, some lined A4 paper and a file to keep your work in. Your tutor will provide handouts and a code for Google classroom so you can communicate with classmates and access materials, videos etc. online.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are many courses you can do before, at the same time or after this course. These include
• Becoming confident on Office 365 and its most important apps: an introduction
• Becoming confident on the cloud: a new way of sharing and collaborating
• Workplace skills: how to collaborate, coordinate and build relationships with Microsoft Teams
• Workplace skills: how to be organised, focused and efficient using MS Outlook (intermediate)
•Workplace skills: how to be organised and self-managing using One Note and MS Outlook (intermediate)
• Digital Skills for the virtual and face-to-face office (intermediate)
• Digital skills for the workplace: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate)
•Digital Skills for the Office: how to work across and combine different MS Office programs (advanced)
•How to be administrator in the virtual and face-to-face office: how to be organised, efficient, precise and service-focused
We also have many other courses to help you with your workplace skills. These include:
• Workplace skills: getting your point across (level 2)
• Effective decision-making for new managers: analysing, problem-solving problem-preventing, strategic thinking
• Workplace skills: how to work effectively with other people and be a team person
There also many English, maths and office skills courses you can do. Ask your tutor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7492 2511 for more details.