Workplace skills: how to collaborate, coordinate and build relationships with Microsoft Teams (intermediate)
Time: 18:00 - 21:15
This course is FREE if a) you are on a Low Wage or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CCCBT01
Please choose a course date
Duration: 4 sessions (over 4 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course is about helping you become a better collaborator and team player at work. You will focus on how to make the most of Microsoft Teams to enable more efficient and creative communication while also keeping on top of your documents and action points. It will help you see the bigger picture of Teams use while also being able to attend to details. You will practise how to set up Teams and channels and what you use these for. You will learn how to use files, collaborate and co-author documents, how Teams relates to SharePoint and One Drive, how to keep track of collaboration, and how to sync your files across different devices. You will also learn how to use the calendar efficiently, conduct meetings and use the some key meeting features such as whiteboard and notes. You will also look at how to integrate other apps into Teams such as planner to help you coordinate work and create efficient working relationships.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
•seeing the bigger picture of Teams – why and when do you use Teams
• how to set up Teams and channels and what you use these for
• how to use files in Teams including how to keep track of them, upload and sync them
• how to collaborate and co-author documents including how to use chat in collaborations
• how Teams relates to SharePoint and One Drive,
• how to keep track of collaboration
• how to use the calendar efficiently
• how to conduct online meetings and use the some key meeting features such as whiteboard and notes
• how to integrate other apps into Teams such as planner.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• see the bigger picture of Teams and identify why and when to use Teams
• set up Teams and channels and identify what to use these for
•use files in Teams including how to keep track of them, upload and sync them
•collaborate and co-author documents including how to use chat in collaborations
• identify how Teams relates to SharePoint and One Drive,
•keep track of collaborations and ensure files and editing are kept organised
•use the calendar efficiently
•conduct online meetings and use the some key meeting features such as whiteboard and notes
• integrate other apps into Teams such as planner.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for those working towards level 2 and above (ECDL). You need to be confident in general file management and digital skills but wanting to know more about you can develop your workplace skills through Office 365. We have other more introductory courses on cloud-based digital work. See below.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will learn in a supportive and welcoming environment. The tutor will help you discover different rules and features. You will work on your own and with other students on different work-based tasks so you are always practising important in-demand life and work skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, prioritising, negotiating, collaborating and independence. You will learn in a step by step manner so you can complete challenging tasks in enjoyable and relaxing ways. Your tutor will also work with you individually so you know how to improve and how to work in a way that improves your learning. You will need to do work outside the classroom and use Google Classroom to help you.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a pen, some lined A4 paper and a file to keep your work in. Your tutor will provide handouts and a code for Google classroom so you can communicate with classmates and access materials, videos etc. online.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are many courses you can do before, at the same time or after this course. These include
• Becoming confident on Office 365 and its most important apps: an introduction
• Becoming confident on the cloud: a new way of sharing and collaborating
• Workplace skills: how to collaborate, coordinate and build relationships through the Cloud using One Drive and SharePoint
• Workplace skills: how to be organised, focused and efficient using MS Outlook (intermediate)
•Workplace skills: how to be organised and self-managing using One Note and MS Outlook (intermediate)
• Digital Skills for the virtual and face-to-face office (intermediate)
• Digital skills for the workplace: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate)
•Digital Skills for the Office: how to work across and combine different MS Office programs (advanced)
•How to be administrator in the virtual and face-to-face office: how to be organised, efficient, precise and service-focused
We also have many other courses to help you with your workplace skills. These include:
• Workplace skills: getting your point across (level 2)
• Effective decision-making for new managers: analysing, problem-solving problem-preventing, strategic thinking
• Workplace skills: how to work effectively with other people and be a team person
There also many English, maths and office skills courses you can do. Ask your tutor or contact email@example.com / 020 7492 2511 for more details.