Yoga Pilates mix
Time: 18:30 - 20:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: FGD98
Please choose a course date
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course offers an introduction to both Yoga and Pilates. Yoga asana (postures) help to stretch, strengthen and energise the body. Pilates exercises help to tone core muscles (back and abdomen), align the spine, support upright posture, and structure movement. During this course Yoga and Pilates practices of gradually increasing intensity are interwoven with each other in every lesson. Classes are designed so that both disciplines complement one another. Sessions close with a guided relaxation to help you leave feeling fully refreshed and calm.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Working with good alignment
• Releasing tension in the muscles and joints
• Improving flexible strength and range of movement
• Standing and mat based Yoga postures (asanas)
• Mat based and standing Pilates exercises (core, abdominals, back, hips and legs)
• Relaxation and visualisation.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
-have a working knowledge of how to improve standing posture
-gain flexibility, strength and improved range of movement
-perform some basic Yoga postures
-perform some basic Pilates exercises
-practise relaxation with guidance.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for beginners.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Demonstration and practice
- Follow me
- Verbal instruction
- Physical adjustment (optional)
- Questions and answers
- Mini lecture.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring something to keep you warm during relaxation. Yoga postures are performed barefoot but you may wear non-slip socks if you prefer.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any other Yoga or Pilates course.