What is the course about?
It builds on the Excel Essential or Excel 2016 for the workplace course and introduces the more advanced features of the application.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Advanced sorting of data
• Advanced filtering of data
• Conditional Formatting
• More advanced linking of worksheets for calculations
• More advanced formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions).
• Using pivot tables
• Recording macros
• Using data tables
• Scenario Manger
• Data Validation and Auditing Spreadsheets
• Naming data ranges and using names in calculations.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Sort and filter data using specified criteria
• Analyse data using pivot tables
• Set up best/worst case scenarios
• Produce calculations using formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, Text, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions, and summarise values from different worksheets/workbooks
• Automate tasks using macros
• Work with large and more complicated worksheets with confidence.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course and you should have completed the Excel Essential or Excel 2016 for the workplace course, or have working knowledge or experience of using Excel.
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions and be comfortable carrying out mathematical calculations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation and class discussion. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs, however you need to have Microsoft Office installed, preferably 2016 or later.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Further excel courses eg - Excel: expert, Excel: financial modelling, Introduction to VBA in Excel, Pivot Table a deeper look, Excel: tables & charts, Data analytics with Power BI, Access 2016: advanced, A beginner’s guide to SQL, Introduction to SQL and Microsoft SQL server. You might want to explore some programming languages like - Introduction to Python, introduction to C#, introduction to Java, Introduction to R programming.