What is the course about?
It builds on the Excel Essential or Excel 2016 for the workplace course and introduces the more advanced features of the application. Covers some of the formulae associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations. Naming data ranges and using names in calculations.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Conditional Formatting
• More advanced formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions).
• Using data tables
• More advanced linking of worksheets for calculations
• Naming data ranges and using names in calculations.
• Advanced sorting of data
• Advanced filtering of data
• Scenario Manger
• Data Validation and Auditing Spreadsheets
• Using pivot tables
• Recording macros.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Produce calculations using formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, Text, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions, and summarise values from different worksheets/workbooks
• Work with large and more complicated worksheets with confidence.
• Sort and filter data using specified criteria
• Analyse data using pivot tables
• Set up best/worst case scenarios
• Automate tasks using macros.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course and you should have completed the Excel Essential or Excel 2016 for the workplace course, or have working knowledge or experience of using Excel.
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions and be comfortable carrying out mathematical calculations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts. Course notes will be provided by the tutor in Google Classroom.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs, however you need to have Microsoft Office installed, preferably 2016 or later.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Further excel courses eg - Excel: expert, Excel: financial modelling, Introduction to VBA in Excel, Pivot Table a deeper Look, Excel: tables & charts, Data analytics with Power BI. Access 2016: Advanced. A beginner’s guide to SQL, Introduction to SQL and Microsoft SQL server. You might want to explore some programming languages like - Introduction to Python, introduction to C#, introduction to Java, Introduction to R programming.