Items 1-15 of 483
- City Lit gift vouchers - the perfect giftLooking for that perfect present? Treat someone to the gift of learning with a course at City Lit. Available from £10, our gift vouchers can be used to book a place on any of our courses, from London walks and food tasting to museum visits, poetry and much more. Simply purchase your voucher and the recipient can choose from thousands of courses, at a time which suits them.From £10.00
- Contemporary printmaking studio: focus on creative layersCourse start date: Wed 5 Oct 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Anne-Marie FosterThis course is a chance to develop personal artwork, using traditional printmaking methods with a contemporary approach. Experiment and embrace the possibilities within combined layers and surface textures. Processes covered include monotype, screen-printing and etching/intaglio. All levels of experience welcome.Full fee £749.00 Senior fee £599.00 Concession £487.00
- City Lit pre-foundation courseCourse start date: Wed 5 Oct 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Simon English, Ute Kreyman, Marcus RichardsThis exciting and intensive course is a chance to develop key creative skills, methods and thinking in art and design, across 2D, 3D, life drawing and critical studies, to prepare you for entry to our UAL-validated, Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Art & Design.Full fee £749.00 Senior fee £599.00 Concession £524.00
- Create a short film in 5 eveningsCourse start date: Wed 5 Oct 2022
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Monika KitaHave you always wanted to make a film but didn’t know where to start? This course will guide you through
all the film making processes including scripting, filming, recording sound, editing and exporting your own
short film.Full fee £199.00 Senior fee £159.00 Concession £129.00
- City Lit sculptureCourse start date: Wed 5 Oct 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Andrew RevellDo you ever dream of building your own individual sculpture practice? This inspiring, year-long course will challenge your thinking and help you identify themes and ideas that interest you; it will encourage you to experiment with all sorts of materials and processes, and build your confidence and capability to develop your own independent sculptural practice.Full fee £2,199.00 Senior fee £1,759.00 Concession £1,429.00
- Writing and photography: text and image workshopCourse start date: Wed 5 Oct 2022
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Christina Dunhill, Shirley ReadWhether you are a photographer or a writer this short course will give you ideas for combining words and images to discover new approaches and create new work.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £219.00 Senior fee £175.00 Concession £142.00
- Adobe InDesign: stage 1Course start date: Wed 5 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Gita HahnAdobe InDesign is the key desktop publishing software used to create posters, flyers, brochures, magazines and books. On this stage 1 course you'll learn how to plan and design a publication, construct simple advertisements and lay out a multi-column page.
- Book arts drop-inCourse start date: Thu 6 Oct 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Sue DoggettA one-day, tutor supported book arts workshop. This short course is ideal for students who would like some technical or conceptual advice and the space to work on a personal project. Students will work independently with one to one support.Full fee £69.00 Senior fee £69.00 Concession £69.00
- Watercolour: washes and brush techniquesCourse start date: Thu 6 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Paul DixonThis online Watercolour course will introduce you to different approaches in working with watercolour, as you explore a variety of applications and techniques that are essential when working with and manipulating this medium. Discover the various marks that can be made with techniques in brush handling as well as a guide to washes building your first steps in producing beautiful watercolour work.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- City Lit contemporary collage projects 1Course start date: Thu 6 Oct 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Simon EnglishCity Lit contemporary collage projects 1 initiates a yearlong set of collage and mixed media projects designed to experiment with and examine the interplay between the two and three dimensions. You will work with a wide range of materials, on and off the wall, extending our pictorial practice into the realm of collage, painting, drawing, assemblage, bricolage, decoupage, photomontage, small scale constructions, printing and text within the context of mixed media. Note* the course is designed in a way to enable students to either complete all three courses over the year or, come in at any stage in no particular order.Full fee £739.00 Senior fee £591.00 Concession £480.00
- Ceramics: architectural slab constructionCourse start date: Fri 7 Oct 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Lauren IlsleyThis course involves constructing sculpture from slabs of clay. Develop analytical and making skills to building subtle, minimalist or bold complex ceramic structures. Suitable for beginners and those with previous experience.
- Contemporary sketchbook: mixed media, ideas and projectsCourse start date: Fri 7 Oct 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ruth BrisonContemporary mixed media sketchbook explores the possibilities of working with personal themes and stories that are part of your life and examines how you could develop them in greater depth, through expressive visual techniques.
Inspired by personal passions, family history, as well as ongoing ideas, you will work with different materials and techniques that will enable you to explore these ideas further, in many directions, whilst bringing a diversity and richness to your sketchbooks.Full fee £389.00 Senior fee £311.00 Concession £253.00
- Adobe Photoshop: a detailed introductionCourse start date: Fri 7 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Andrea MarzanoThis course is a solid introduction to Adobe Photoshop and has been designed for students who want to learn the professional and most effective way to use Photoshop from the ground up.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £199.00 Senior fee £159.00 Concession £129.00
- Painting: oil techniques and mediumsCourse start date: Fri 7 Oct 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Lindsay PickettOil paint is a uniquely luscious medium, capable of heavy impasto effects and also the most delicate transparent colour films. Explore the different effects that can be created when different oil painting mediums are added to the oil paint. Learn to use a range of these mediums to create excitng and varied surfaces in your painting, expanding your use of texture and glazing.
This course is for all levels – both beginners and more experienced painters.Full fee £169.00 Senior fee £135.00 Concession £110.00
- Japanese woodcut printmaking techniquesCourse start date: Sun 9 Oct 2022 (and 7 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Carol Justin WilhideAn introduction to the beautiful and delicate printmaking world of Japanese Woodcut. Explore this water based, non-toxic process and build an appreciation for the handmade. You will learn how to design, carve and make a multi-coloured print. Beginners welcome.Full fee £329.00 Senior fee £263.00 Concession £214.00
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list