Items 1-15 of 142
- City Lit gift vouchers - the perfect giftLooking for that perfect present? Treat someone to the gift of learning with a course at City Lit. Available from £10, our gift vouchers can be used to book a place on any of our courses, from London walks and food tasting to museum visits, poetry and much more. Simply purchase your voucher and the recipient can choose from thousands of courses, at a time which suits them.From £10.00
- Better breathing for better healthCourse start date: Mon 27 Jun 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Sarah ScottYoga breathing practices to expand and enhance the breath at a time when we need it most. Experience how better breathing can reduce stress and anxiety, clear and calm the mind and revitalise the energy for the week ahead.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- Reiki: taster workshopCourse start date: Tue 28 Jun 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Oge OkohReiki means 'universal energy'. Learn the basic philosophy of this gentle system of healing, according to the tradition of Dr Usui.Full fee £39.00 Senior fee £39.00 Concession £39.00
- Anatomy and physiology: an introductionCourse start date: Tue 28 Jun 2022
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Janet WhiteheadEver wondered what your insides look like? This fascinating class offers an understanding of our body and the amazing way it works. Ideal for anyone with a general interest as well as those hoping to progress to higher level courses.
- Gentle Yoga: a tasterCourse start date: Tue 28 Jun 2022
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Eleanor ShearnStretch, relax and feel good! This course is suitable for those who wish to enjoy the benefits of yoga at a gentle pace. Alternatives are offered if a student finds any particular postures (asanas) uncomfortable.
This is delivered ONLINE.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £5.00 Senior fee £5.00 Concession £5.00
- Essenian Healing: workshopCourse start date: Sat 2 Jul 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Antonello BrunettiDiscover this ancient form of Spiritual-Energy Healing. Learn Auric Reading techniques using the Anatomy of physical and subtle bodies. Identify the emotional reasons behind illnesses, promoting a deeper understanding of the root causes. Perform Energy Healing therapies using Vibrational Sound, Acupressure and Essential Oils.
- Yoga for immune supportCourse start date: Sat 2 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Biljana CacicThis specially designed sequence of restorative poses aims to strengthen the immune system. It is also beneficial for people who recovered from a virus, as it works on the respiratory, lymphatic and circulatory systems.
Enjoy 3hrs of an 'active relaxation' and nourisment for the whole body and mind.Full fee £49.00 Senior fee £49.00
- Retirement for beginners: volunteering - a world of opportunityCourse start date: Sat 2 Jul 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Jenny BardwellIf you are not sure how to find your ideal volunteering role, but want to pass on some of your hard-won skills, experience and knowledge, this course will give you some ideas and contacts for further exploration.
- Indian head massage: workshopCourse start date: Sun 3 Jul 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Ameena RahmanDiscover the ancient and highly therapeutic practice of Indian head massage. Learn how tension is held in the neck and shoulders and how to alleviate this in family and friends by practising a basic routine.
- Yoga beginners with RenateCourse start date: Sun 3 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Renate LallooPractise yoga and feel refreshed, relaxed and energized. In this session you will learn and practice yoga poses at beginner's level, as well as breath awareness and deep relaxation to rejuvinate the body and the mind.
This is an in-person course, delivered onsite at City Lit.
Please ensure you have read the Health Declaration below and email the department on Health@citylit.ac.uk if you have any questions or concerns.Full fee £19.00 Senior fee £15.00 Concession £12.00
- Hula hoop workoutCourse start date: Mon 4 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Cristina Codina LlavinaGet Ready for the Summer body! In this fun workout class you will work out all muscles, but mainly the core muscles. Hula hooping is way more fun than what you might remembered as a child.Full fee £49.00 Senior fee £39.00 Concession £34.00
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in On-site MassageCourse start date: Wed 6 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Oge OkohLearn how to perform this invigorating back, neck and shoulder massage done on a specially designed massage chair. Ideal for office treatments, festivals or simply a small space! Please download an application form from the link below, and read the full course outline before applying.Full fee £459.00 Senior fee £459.00 Concession £459.00
- Reiki 2 CertificateCourse start date: Sat 9 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Oge OkohLearn how to use Reiki symbols for distance healing. To be eligible for this intensive workshop you need to be familiar with all the hand positions learned on 'Certificate in Reiki: stage 1' and have practised Reiki regularly on yourself.Full fee £259.00 Senior fee £259.00 Concession £259.00
- Building confidence and moving forward: how to get unstuckCourse start date: Sat 9 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Louise GilbertLearn a range of psychological skills to manage self-limiting thinking, and take practical steps towards pursuing the kind of life you want to live, without being held back by a fear of failure.Full fee £79.00 Senior fee £63.00 Concession £54.00
- Japanese facial rejuvenation: a CPD workshopCourse start date: Sat 9 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Doe WarnesLearn a facial massage that combines acupressure and oil massage to give you a natural facelift. It will relax and tone facial muscles, promote blood circulation and bring vitality or 'Ki' energy to the face, leaving you with a glowing complexion. It is also beneficial for jaw and facial pain.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list