Counselling Courses in London
Whether you want to explore counselling as a personal interest, would like to train to become a counsellor, or are already working in the profession and are looking for CPD to develop your professional skills, there's plenty of courses to choose from at City Lit. We offer a range of part-time counselling courses, including evening classes, daytime and weekend courses.
Thinking about studying our Counselling: an introduction course? Check out our counselling skills for work and for 'a better you' page. Find out more about the facilities available for our in-person counselling courses.
Thinking about a career in counselling? Read a Q&A with City Lit tutor Delrose Bowes.
Got a question? Contact our counselling team on 020 7492 2530 Monday-Friday between 10am-5pm.
- Transference-Impact on Relationships in the 21st CenturyCourse start date: Fri 6 Oct 2023
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Adrian ScottA short course on working on the theory of Transference and its impact on work, personal and social relationships. We will study the emergence of transference, how it was recorded and theorised; then move onto person experiences / lifestyles / family / childhood.Full fee £89.00 Senior fee £89.00 Concession £58.00
- Raising cultural awareness within the therapeutic relationshipCourse start date: Sat 21 Oct 2023 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Jacqueline BascombeThe course is for anyone with an interest in developing their self-awareness in cross cultural counselling. This workshop helps you gain an understanding of how to talk about race and culture in a respectful, confident way.Full fee £99.00 Senior fee £99.00 Concession £64.00
- Counselling introduction: advancedCourse start date: Wed 1 Nov 2023 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Christopher GreschExtend your use of counselling skills and personal development in this highly experiential course. You will need to have completed a 30-hour counselling introduction (with a minimum of 70% attendance) within the last three years. Prior to enrolling, contact the department on 020 4582 0403 for authorisation.
This course is exempt from our usual refund and transfer policy, therefore if you change your mind and would like a refund you must request this at least 3 weeks before the course is due to start. We charge an admin fee of 20% (minimum £10) per refund processed. We will not give you a refund for this course if we receive your request less than 3 weeks before the course starts or once the course has started.
- Counselling as a careerCourse start date: Mon 8 Jan 2024 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Delrose BowesThinking of becoming a counsellor? Wondering about gaining a counselling qualification? In this short workshop, you will find out about training and jobs in this field and gain a clearer idea of whether counselling training is for you.
- Counselling: an introductionCourse start date: Mon 8 Jan 2024 (and 24 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Adam FoordEnhance your personal skills, learn more about yourself and take your first step in counselling training on this primarily experiential course, underpinned by the 3 main theoretical approaches in counselling.
We have courses running daytimes, evenings and weekends. Whatever your schedule, you can find a course that works for you!
- Certificate in counselling skills (Fast Track / Intensive)Course start date: Sat 13 Jan 2024
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ana WellbrookWe are opening the Application Process for this course on Monday 2nd October 2023. Applications close on Friday 27th October 2023 at 12:00 midday. Please ensure you have completed and submitted your application before the closing date (Friday 27th October 2023 at 12:00 midday) as you will be unable to submit your application after this date.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to the Stage One: Skills Assessment which will be held on Saturday 18th November 2023. If you pass the Stage One: Skills Assessment, you will be invited to the Stage: Two Individual Interviews which will be held on Saturday 25th November 2023. Please ensure that you are available for both the Stage One and Stage Two dates before making an application. Unfortunately, no alternative dates can be offered.
Do you want to develop counselling skills for paid or voluntary work? Enhance your career or progress to further study with a qualification in counselling. Explore theory, practice, ethics and personal awareness. Ideal for professionals seeking to develop counselling skills for paid or voluntary work?
In order to apply for this course, please ensure that:
• you have (or will have) completed a face to face introductory counselling course of 30 hours, with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years)
• you have completed a face to face introductory counselling course of 30 hours with an attendance record of at least 70% and you have completed a ‘Counselling introduction: advanced’ course (or equivalent) with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years)
• you are able to speak and write fluently in English (level 2/GCSE).Full fee £2,199.00 Senior fee £2,199.00 Concession £2,199.00
- Introduction to psychodynamic counsellingCourse start date: Fri 15 Mar 2024
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Adrian ScottThis course will take you from Freud through to the present day, demonstrating a more relational experience for the client. Examine the unconscious, the presenting past and issues in early development.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list