Items 1-15 of 23
- Illustrative embroidery for textilesFull fee £219.00 Senior fee £175.00 Concession £134.00
- Designing textiles using Photoshop intensiveCourse start date: Mon 18 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Kirsty KirkpatrickCreate patterns and designs for textiles which may then be printed onto cloth. This course is ideal for beginners in Photoshop who are textile artist's or designers, or for anyone interested in exploring pattern, colour and texture.Full fee £219.00 Senior fee £175.00 Concession £134.00
- Textiles and surface pattern: drawing and designCourse start date: Sun 24 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Janie MurphyInvestigate mark making, layering and juxtaposing ideas through experimental drawings. Explore the importance of imaginative research and how to record it in a sketchbook. Develop versatile design textile ideas for interiors, fashion, stationery or text.Full fee £209.00 Senior fee £167.00 Concession £127.00
- Textiles: waxed surfacesCourse start date: Sun 24 Jul 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Amarjeet NandhraInvestigate the different ways wax can be used on paper and fabric; create surface decoration using a range of resist techniques or alter the structure of a surface and experiment with translucency, structure and stitch.Full fee £209.00 Senior fee £167.00 Concession £127.00
- Textiles: monoprinting and hand stitchCourse start date: Mon 1 Aug 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Amarjeet NandhraExperiment with a range of mono printing techniques; painted, wiped and drawn, onto fabric. You will use these techniques with appliqué, manipulation and hand stitch to layer and build exciting dimensional surfaces, exploring pattern and texture.
- Introduction to quiltingCourse start date: Mon 8 Aug 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Beverley SellLearn how to design and make a contemporary quilt using a range of construction and embellishment techniques. Work with simple shapes from recycled fabrics or bring your own fat quarters to create a personalised quilt. Suitable for beginners.
- Illustrated stitch: a masterclass with Rosie James
- Designing textiles using Photoshop III: expanding personal projectsCourse start date: Tue 13 Sep 2022
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Kirsty KirkpatrickThis short intermediate course will improve your Adobe Photoshop pattern tiling skills while learning new basic vector drawing skills in Adobe illustrator. We will improve on creating narratives for print design using multiple motifs and storytelling. Not suitable for beginners. You will need your own access the Adobe Creative Suite on your Mac or PC before class.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £199.00 Senior fee £159.00 Concession £129.00
- City Lit textiles: mixed mediaCourse start date: Tue 20 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Louise BaldwinInvestigate mixed-media textiles through this project-based course which introduces a variety of materials, techniques and design processes. You will develop a creative portfolio of textile samples using sketchbook research and finally work towards a finished piece.
- Introduction to printed textiles
- Introduction to using the sewing machine
- Introduction to pattern cutting ICourse start date: Thu 29 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Rachel SelormeyLearn introductory skills and techniques of pattern cutting to understand how to draft your garment from a
design.Expand your knowledge as you learn how to draft a classic dress block, manipulating patterns and
understanding garment fitting and shape.You will then expand your knowledge as you learn how to use the block to
create patterns and silhouettes from a design.
This course is suitable for beginners and those who have some experience in Clothes making and would like to learn how to craft their own patterns.Full fee £369.00 Senior fee £295.00 Concession £240.00
- Introduction to clothes makingCourse start date: Fri 30 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Silvia SacrestanoLearn how to make your own clothes. This beginner's course will teach you how to use the sewing machine, as well as basic sewing techniques and processes. Start by sampling, then construct a simple garment.
- Textiles: experimental hand stitchCourse start date: Sat 1 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Amarjeet NandhraA contemporary approach to hand stitching and embroidery exploring a variety of traditional stitches and techniques. Create experimental and expressive samples using traditional and non-traditional materials.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- Hand knitting for beginners
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list