What is the course about?
Email is a direct and effective marketing tool. Learn how your business can use email to communicate with your prospects and existing customers.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• The basics of email marketing — what it is and how it is used
• Basic elements of a good email
• GDPR and the legal side of email data capture
• Setting up a Mailchimp account
• Creating a mailing lists from a spreadsheet
• Designing an email using Mailchimp templates and sending a test email
• Creating an email campaign and writing effective emails
• Understanding the Mailchimp reports to measure the reach of your email
• How can email compliment with your other marketing activities.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Create an email on MailChimp to send to your audience
• Recognise the basic requirements of GDPR
• Visualise how to use email with your future marketing activities.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is taught at beginner level. You will need some skills in using a computer and the internet and have a desire to create email campaigns for a business. In order to set up your MailChimp account and complete the activities during this course, you need to be able to log into your own email.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
If you don’t have an existing account you will need to have a valid email address and its password to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content and gain valuable hands-on experience.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may wish to take any of our digital marketing courses to boost the online presence of your business: City Lit Pro: Introduction to Mobile Marketing Strategy, City Lit Pro: Introduction to marketing metrics and ROI, City Lit Pro: implementing a content strategy, City Lit Pro: introduction to conversion rate Optimisation, Search Engine Optimisation(SEO), Google AdWords: introduction, Google Analytics: introduction, City Lit Pro: search engine marketing.