What is the course about?
This course will enable you to practise and consolidate some vocabulary and grammar structures learned at elementary and lower intermediate level through a variety of speaking and listening activities.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Topics will include: talking about daily routine, leisure activities and past holidays
Grammar will include: present and past tenses; reflexive verbs.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk about leisure activities using the present tense
- talk about daily routine using reflexive verbs
- talk about past holidays using the passato prossimo.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at students who have studied the language for one to two years recently or who have an equivalent level of the language.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
An Italian 2 lower or 2 Upper course depending on your level. Ask your tutor for advice.