What is the course about?
Podcasting, from conception to publication. Your chance to develop your ideas into a fully-fledged podcast, which you will produce in this course. Find out about podcasting structure, production and publication.
This is a live online course. For more information please see our guide to online learning.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Developing and structuring your podcasting ideas
• Targeting your audience
• Recording and editing a podcast using Audacity
• Publicising your podcast
• Keeping your podcasts fresh and vital.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Organise your ideas
• Record your work to a level fit for public consumption
• Efficiently produce and publish for public, private or niche markets
• Gain ideas to develop your podcast further.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For beginners with an interest in podcasting and a basic level of computer literacy.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Speak English fluently
• Read and respond to a variety of text
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a practical course of coached sessions including group and solo activities, using appropriate technology.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Podcasting: advanced, Video blogging with YouTube, Blogging: write your own blog with WordPress, or any of our social media courses. Please visit our website to view our portfolio of courses.