What is the course about?
You will learn the basics of ethical optimisation and how to set up site structure and web copy for optimum search engine coverage.
What will we cover?
- How search engines work
- How to optimise your website design to be search engine friendly
- How to use the right keywords
- The basics of search engine copywriting.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Recognise good practice in web page design
- Use keywords effectively in website copy
- Be able to optimise your website design to be search engine friendly
- Identify free tools that are available to help you.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should be computer literate and either have your own website or have responsibility for one. This is an introductory course on search engine optimisation (SEO) and is suitable for those who have little or no previous experience of SEO.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The class will be taught with a mixture of presentations to the class and practical work.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Pen and paper.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Google Analytics: Introduction, Google Adwords: Introduction, Online marketing: a detailed introduction, City Lit Pro: Start a career in digital marketing.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details