What is the course about?
This course is a continuation of the beginners Swedish course (Swedish 1: module 2) building upon and expanding basic Swedish conversational skills as well as increasing knowledge of Swedish culture.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
You will learn vocabulary and basic Swedish structures covering: shopping for clothes, directions, dates and planning, weather and tourism.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- shop for clothes
- describe things using colours
- find basic information in an advert
- write an email and a text message
- plan a trip
- ask for and giving directions for travel
- time prepositions
- adjective comparation
- verbs in simple past and future tenses
- verbs in present perfect tense and future tenses
- ordinal numbers
- g, k and sk sounds
- vowel sounds.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for near beginners – students should have completed Swedish: 1: module 2 or have equivalent knowledge of the language.
You will also need to be able to respond to simple instructions and explanations, as well as read course documents in English.It would also be helpful if you had some knowledge of basic grammar terminology such as: a verb, a noun and conjugation.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring the two books Rivstart A1+A2 (exercise book and textbook) to the first lesson. We will start on chapter 7.
You can buy the books from, amazon, Grant and Cutler https://www.grantandcutler.com/book/453019
or directly from the publisher:
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Swedish 2: module 1.