What is the course about?
A deeper look at the WordPress Content Management System – Computer software that allows you to quickly and easily create and maintain websites and/or blogs. This course is intended for learners with some previous experience of WordPress.
What will we cover?
• Using WordPress with WordPress.com and self-hosted sites
• Recap on creating, modifying Posts and Pages
• Effective use of the Media Library
• Managing a blog – handling comments and feedback
• Effectively using Themes and Templates to customise your website or blog
• Using Plugins and Widgets.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Demonstrate a good understanding of WordPress at an intermediate level
• Feel confident in creating a useful website and/or blog in WordPress.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have attended the course 'A website in a day with Wordpress' , or have a similar level of knowledge.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course uses the free hosted service Wordpress.com or learner’s own hosted sites.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.You will need to bring a valid email address with you and ensure you are able to access this email account to verify your Wordpress.com registration. A computer is provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Customising a WordPress website, Build an e-shop with WordPress, HTML5 & CSS: Introduction (stage 1) or any of our digital marketing /social media courses. Please check our brochure for more details.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details