Arabic verbs made easy
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LA100
Duration: 6 sessions (over 6 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course will teach you different strategies to develop your understanding of Arabic verbs and help you to use them more in your speaking and writing.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Arabic root letters and pattern, regular & irregular verbs, conjugate present, past and future tense, negate the verb and compare your life in the past and present.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use regular and irregular verbs with confidence.
- Conjugate the present tense to talk about your day.
- Conjugate the past tense to describe your life by using a verbal sentence.
- Conjugate the future tense to plan for your future.
- Negate the verb in different tense by using ( la , lam and lan )
- Comparing your life in the past and now by using ( Kana and a’anda)
- Talk about your holiday in the past.
- Conjugate the verb with singular, dual and plural pronouns.
- Use any Arabic verb in speech or writing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students at this course need to be able to read and write the Arabic alphabet. It is for students who want to improve their speaking by mastering Arabic verbs. This course helps students who study Arabic and are using Mastering Arabic books 1 & 2.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please check with your tutor.