What is the course about?
This course is about discovering the pleasure of acting and ideal for those new to drama. Explore your imagination and creativity through a range of practical exercises that will help you to build confidence and develop your communication skills.
What will we cover?
• Physical and vocal warm ups
• Drama games and group exercises
• Character work
• Using the performance space.
Please note that acting classes by their very nature can involve exercises and the exploration of material that some students may find challenging.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Work collaboratively and confidently with others.
• Present yourself confidently in the space
• Perform with truth and believability.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for complete beginners. No prior knowledge is required to participate in these classes. These classes are perfect for those who are looking to develop personally or for those with an interest in pursuing acting further.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Listen and respond to instructions and feedback.
• Communicate clearly in discussion and drama practice.
• Read and respond to a variety of text.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
• Take notes
• Work within groups and pairs safely.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be involved in group, pair and some individual work.
As part of the course content, your tutor may record your image for initial and ongoing assessment purposes. You are entitled to decline to participate in the recording of your image.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that you can relax and move freely in.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You could enrol onto Improvisation for fun or onto any beginners acting or improv course.