What is the course about?
This short fast paced course is an excellent taster course for wishing to enter the world of film making. You will be taught some basic film making skills including, film shots and camera movements, how to use HD cameras to frame and record shots, import and edit clips into premiere Pro CC and export your sequence as a movie. This course will be held at CityLit although some filming may take place off site.
What will we cover?
- Framing your shot, camera angles and movement and their uses.
- Recording with an HD camera
- Editing in Premiere Pro CC; A basic introduction to the software and to some editing techniques.
- Exporting your final film for publishing online.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Understand the uses of different framing and camera movement.
- Use an HD Camera to record images and sound.
- Use basic editing techniques in Premiere Pro CC to edit a short film
- Be able to export your movie using the appropriate codec.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a beginners’ course.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including workshops, short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, tutorials, group and individual assistance and hand-outs. Please note the City Lit uses Apple Mac computers in Animation, Cartooning, Digital arts, Film, Graphics, Illustration, Photography and Web design.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Our high definition cameras and the latest professional equipment and software are available for your use throughout the course. It would be useful to bring a memory stick (or portable hard drive – please note PC formatted hard drives can be read by Apple mac computers, but not written to.).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can develop your skills further in VG397 Narrative film making or VG540 Start filming and compositing with green screen.