What is the course about?
This course is concerned with the role of Python in the Data Analysis process. We will explore how to import data sets and use Python libraries for analysis and visualisation. Using the tools provided by the Anaconda package manager we will use more advanced development environments designed specifically for Data Science.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• What Data Science encompasses
• The Data Analyst’s workflow
• How to get the tools needed
• Import and analyse data using the Numpy and Pandas libraries
• Create 2D plots of our analysis using the Matplotlib library.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Import data to manipulate in Python
• Use Python libraries such as Numpy and Pandas to analyse and manipulate data
• Use the Python Matplotlib library for data visualisation.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You will have completed the Introduction to Python course at the College or equivalent. If self-taught you will need to be able to:
• Use print to give the user instructions
• Get input from a user using input
• Create variables and collect and store data of different data types
• Use the if and elif for selection
• Use for and while loops
You should also be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
There will be some theoretical underpinning to the course, but it is nearly all practical, through Teacher demonstration and practical programming and problem solving activities. There is no official work set outside the class but it is a good idea to practise the skills you have learnt to reinforce classroom learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. A pen and notepad for note taking is advised.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Data analysis with Power BI, Excel analysing data (satge 1 & 2) Introduction to DAX: data analysis expression for Power BI, Advanced Python, Introduction to R programming.