Data Analytics with Python: introduction
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: Hybrid (choose either online or in-person)
This course will be delivered online or in person. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Choose a start date
- Course Code: CADS05
- Dates: 20/02/24 - 12/03/24
- Time: 18:00 - 21:00
- Taught: Tue, Evening
- Duration: 4 sessions (over 4 weeks)
- Location: Hybrid (choose either online or in-person)
- Tutor: Arda Balkir
Course Code: CADS05
Choose a start date
Duration: 4 sessions (over 4 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course is concerned with the role of Python in the Data Analysis process. We will explore how to import data sets and use Python libraries for analysis and visualisation. Using the tools provided by the Anaconda package manager we will use more advanced development environments designed specifically for Data Science.
Participants who will attend the full course will receive a City Lit certificate of attendance electronically for their CV or CPD records. The certificate will show your name, course title and dates of the course you have attended.
You can choose to attend this course either live online or in person.
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• What Data Science encompasses
• The Data Analyst’s workflow
• How to get the tools needed
• Import and analyse data using the Numpy and Pandas libraries
• Create 2D plots of our analysis using the Matplotlib library.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Import data to manipulate in Python
• Use Python libraries such as Numpy and Pandas to analyse and manipulate data
• Use the Python Matplotlib library for data visualisation.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You will have completed the Introduction to Python course at City Lit or equivalent. If self-taught you will need to be able to:
• Use print to give the user instructions
• Get input from a user using input
• Create variables and collect and store data of different data types
• Use the if and elif for selection
• Use for and while loops
You should also be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
There will be some theoretical underpinning to the course, but it is nearly all practical, through demonstrations and practical programming and problem solving activities.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view our Programming and Maths courses.
Disclaimer: Use of Third-Party Software
This course might require you to either use your own personal account or create an account for the purposes of this course. City Lit cannot accept any responsibility for any failings of the third party or provide technical support. Whilst using the software you will be responsible for abiding by the providers terms and conditions and maintaining your own work.