What is the course about?
This course covers the table and chart construction features of Microsoft Excel 2016 and the benefits of applying formatting as tables.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Constructing simple and more complex tables
• Formatting table ranges
• Working with data tables
• Creating charts and pivot charts
• Editing charts for desired results.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Create table ranges and data tables
• Create charts and pivot charts from spreadsheet data
• Include a chart from a pre-created pivot table
• Be aware of the different options with regard to chart construction and editing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is designed for beginners, though experience of using a mouse and keyboard as well as a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel is desirable.
You should be able to follow simple written and verbal instructions to support demonstrations, hand-outs and for health and safety information.You should be able to use numbers and be able to do simple measurements and calculations.
Please look at the rest of the course outline carefully to decide if you may benefit from support in your English and Maths skills to help you to take part fully in this class.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
By presentation and demonstration. No work outside the class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs, however you need to have Microsoft Office installed, preferably 2016 or later.You may wish to have a pen and notepad for note taking. Course notes will be provided in Google Classroom.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Excel: analysing data (stage 1), Excel: tricks and tips for productivity, Excel: applying formulae and functions.